‘Tis the season for Gator Gameday here in the Swamp, and we want you to be prepped for the season whether you are sitting in a seat at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, kicking back at a tailgate right outside of the roaring stadium or relaxing in your own apartment in Gainesville, we’re here for you!
Tailgating and celebrating our beloved University of Florida Gator Football Team is a very important pastime here in the Swamp, but do you know how to stay on your A-Game to ensure a successful game day?
Check out our tips for an A+ Gator Gameday!
- Get up early!!: Today is not the day to be sleeping in because while you’re sleeping, all of the great tailgating spots are being snagged up! If you’re thinking of tailgating or enjoying the game around town, the early bird truly gets the worm.
- Prepare to take an uber or walk: NO drinking & driving! Keep yourself and your friend’s safe by planning ahead and taking an uber to the game, or walking from your apartment in Gainesville if you are close to the stadium. Be careful walking, use the street signs and be aware of your surroundings!
- EAT!: Often times, we get so excited to toss back some beers with our crew, we may bypass a meal or two as we celebrate. NOPE! If you’re planning on having a few drinks to celebrate UF and all its glory, be sure that you have taken care of your hunger by indulging in more than chips & salsa.
- Choose your perfect outfit!: We all know that although the football game is key, looking the part has everything to do with how you’re representing your Gator spirit! Whether you’re a lover of UF stickers planted upon your lovely face, University of Florida Polos, or the perfect pair of Boots to match your Orange & Blue sundress, show your Gator pride in style! Gainesville has tons of places to grab gameday gear in the perfect shades, prepare your perfect Gator look in your own style!
- Leave that bag at home!: Often times, sports fans may forget the rules of the SEC regarding unapproved bags and are left running back to their car, or deciding what to do with their belongings once they hit the gate. Bypass that stress by purchasing or creating your own perfect SEC-Stadium approved bags that ensure the safety of all!
- Drink Responsibly: It can be easy to get carried away when you’re enjoying sports, prepare yourself to practice pacing your drinks AND staying hydrated along with adhering to Tip #3. With drinking comes great responsibility and we want to ensure the safety of you, along with our fellow Gators so remember – this is a football game, not a drinking contest! Open containers and being drunk in public can all result in a tough loss for you even if the Gators take home the win, so be mindful!
We are wishing all of our fellow Gators a happy, fun and safe football season!
What are your Gator Gameday rules?